City Council Regular Meeting


Print

Return to the Search Page Return to the Agenda
CL-2448 New Business   Item #: L.       
Meeting Date: 05/04/2021  
Subject:    FEMA Advanced Assistance Funding - Apple Branch Watershed Engineering Study
From: Brian Dunevant

COUNCIL ACTION
 
First Reading:      05/04/2021                                                                           
Final Adoption: 05/18/2021
SUMMARY
The City of Danville received Pre-Disaster Mitigation Grant funds in the amount of $150,000 to study flash flooding along Apple Branch in the vicinity of Riverside Drive and Audubon Drive. The allocated funds need to be appropriated into the Special Grants Fund account.
BACKGROUND
In November 2019, the City of Danville applied to the Virginia Department of Emergency Management for Federal Emergency Management Agency funding, for an engineering study regarding flash flooding that occurs at the lower end of Apple Branch along Audubon Drive near Riverside Drive. The City received notification that Pre-Disaster Mitigation Grant funds had been allocated for the study.  These funds represent 75% of the estimated cost of the study, the City is required to match the remaining 25% of the funds.
RECOMMENDATION
It is recommended that City Council adopt the attached Ordinance appropriating Federal Emergency Management Agency Pre-Disaster Mitigation Grant Program funds in the amount of $150,000.

Attachments
Ordinance
Notification Letter


    

Level double AA conformance,
                W3C WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0

AgendaQuick ©2005 - 2021 Destiny Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.